Three steps to start a business when you want to make it big with investing less money
When you see a friend of yours making good money with a blog you feel disheartened because you cannot come up with your own as you do not have enough money. Money is an integral part of any business. If you do not have money you just cannot grow your business. Does that mean if you do not have money you cannot do anything? If you look at history you will notice that many successful businessmen actually started with almost no money and made it to the top. What you will need is imagination and creativity. If you have a passion for your dreams nothing can just stop you and this is the fact of life. Ambition and money has nothing to do with each other. If you have the fire in you then this is the article for you. No matter how broke you are we will now give you some amazing ideas about how to start business without putting in much money. So what are we waiting for let’s directly getting to the point?
- First of all make a list of things that you can actually do without the help of money – You do not need a coach or a guide. You can do it own your own. We are giving you a nice direction that you need to follow. It is absolutely up to you what you make of these directions that we are sharing with you. You will have to invest only one thing and that is your time. Time is actually money so always invest it with good planning.
If you want a coach then again this is a good idea because by the time you find someone for yourself you already have the skeletal plan ready. Now as an intelligent businessman you have to make a strategy. What are you going to serve to the people? Who will be the audience for you? For example are you targeting college students or you are targeting housewives? You must have all these things really clear in your mind. Are you confused and do not know what to do? Look at it from this point and it might help. For example think of where you were sometime back. Now, think about people who are now at the same position and have the same concerns. Then think how you worked on your problems and reached where you are. So after all this brainstorming what you have is your business idea.
So we will now move to the next step and that is looking for a good name for the blog. After you have the name for the business or the blog what you do is create relevant pages for it on all the social media websites. You can also use your own name and ensure that all your social media accounts are connected with the same common name that will help you build a brand. Your name in this case becomes your brand. Relationships and connections are integral part of any business. Now that you know which line of business you are choosing for yourself start connecting with anyone who is into the same line via social media. This will make your presence felt.
Some people will say that social media is huge so where should they start from? Well the answer is simple join a platform where most of the audience that you are targeting hangs around and you will have a good platform to start your business that is recognized by your target audience. Make the “about me” section of your social media accounts well. It will tell people who you are and how you can solve their problems. Make a killer bio and ensure that it is impressive.
The brand must have a style guide. You must know well the fonts, the colors and the images that you are representing because these are building your brand image and tomorrow people will know your brand with these. It is advisable to have a style guide to ensure that there is a consistency in the visuals and the audience do not get confused. There are many free style guides for templates that you can actually use.
Many people give all the importance to have money in starting a business. If you do not have money then does try to invest time and look for other important aspects of a business other than money. You will have to make a list of things that do not cost you any money. Trust us this is possible and once you have this list ready you are all set for the next step.
Make a list of things that will definitely cost you a lot of money – So you have now exhausted all the time you had and also used all the free resources. What matters now is that you have to get more real. For this you will have to make a list of things that according to you actually need money. What is included in this are:
- Web design
There will be definitely many more things in the list as per the level of intricacies your business actually has. Now you have the list ready so what you will have to do is set the cost and the priority for each item in the list with the order in which they must be executed. You must know that many people have great business ideas but they don’t really work on it because they feel that it is an unnecessary expense and can lead to losses. When you have a list with definite expenses like this it will be better for you to understand exactly how much the expense actually are. Sometimes you will feel oh this is going to cost me 1000$ at least but when you have a list like this you might realize that the expense is actually much lower than you thought.
You can also make a step by step plan and first do the things that are more important and critical and then slowly move to the items that are not so important. For example having a website is more important than anything else. It will help you to set goals better. We will give an example here suppose you will have to pay $1000 for a website and you do not have the money then why don’t you just buy a template that will not cost you more than 60$. There are hacks for everything. You will have to spend the time and keep looking for these hacks. This is fine because you do not have money so time is the only resources that you can invest to make the most of your ideas.
If you have a good idea and you know you are on the right track money does not matter. The points that we have mentioned here will save you a lot of money it will also ensure that in the long run you will realise that what you did at the beginning was absolutely correct. Business is risk. When you invest a lot of money your whole attention in on that money and you start getting sleepless nights. When you are not investing too much money you are in a better position mentally and it is also good for the business as you will get creative and look for ideas that actually do not cost you a lot of money. It is always expensive to hire a professional then why not start working with an amateur. You might be surprised to see how an amateur can give you better results than a professional. This is because an amateur will have the ability to think out of the box and try something that no one has ever tried in the business.
- Make a list of things that you feel you are very good at and no one can beat you in – Most of the time we downplay our achievements and abilities. Why do you think that you do not have any expertise? We all have some expertise. Some of us realize it and work towards making it better and some do not want to take the chance they are simply happy with what they are doing. We want you to become a dream chaser. We want you to look beyond your limits and do things that no one has ever done before. Trust us it is possible just that you have to look at it from a new point of view. Just sit for a while and think what your achievements are? Think what people compliment you about. It can be something even as small as your flawless skin. Before you start with the business you will have to have all the answers for the questions that we are going to discuss now:
- What is it that you are going to sell? Is it a service or is it a product? You have to look at making sales from the beginning itself. It is good for the business and your morale.
- Who are the people who will be the target audience for you? Why they are your audience and what problem are you actually going to solve for them?
- First offer the product or the service to the people you know well. Tell them about the product. Ensure that they use the product and service and give you a feedback. These can work as a testimonial. You can offer them a price lesser than the actual price as a friendly gesture. These can also be used as a case study. People who know you will show more trust in you than people who are interacting with you for the first time.
- Now you have the product or the service that you will be offering to the clients. You have also got some feedback from people you know. Now you will have to look for a person who will have the skills that you need. You can ask these people who are interested in your business for barter because you do not have money. Tell then to provide you a service for free and in return you will also provide them with a service that they may need. You will have to figure out what is it that you can do in return so that these people feel interested in your proposal. You can ask them to build a website for you at a lower price and you can market their products in your site or blog. There are many people who are interested in such give and take. However, as we have mentioned before to look for such like-minded people you will have to invest time. It may take you weeks and months to get a positive response. However, when you find someone who is ready to accept your proposal there is no looking back for you. A trick that you can use here is build a relationship with these people and then make the proposal to them it will improve the chances of you getting a better response.
Whenever there is a mention about starting a business the first reaction you will get is “where is the money” well your answer should be “why do you need money”. If you have some big dreams then this must be the stepping stone to it. The first step to realize your dreams is to start working on them. We are not talking about things that are impossible. All the points that we have discussed above can be done by anyone who has a passion for his or her dreams. These ideas have helped many and if you want you can use them too. We always try to ensure that we give the best ideas to our readers and we hope this article will help you realize the dreams of yours.