The best 12 PDF Plugins for WordPress
WordPress comes with a few default settings and one such setting is that you cannot add a PDF file to the WordPress site. No PDF file can either be generated or embedded in the posts or pages of WordPress. However, we constantly try to ensure that we make the readers aware of better and more interesting features of WordPress. In this article we will take you through the best 12 PDF plugins that you can get in WordPress.
- PDF Viewer – The first WordPress PDF plugin that we will be discussing is the PDF Viewer. With this plugin you can ensure that the PDF files will be displayed inside the WordPress posts and pages. This plugin uses the Mozilla’s PDF.js script to render PDF documents very well with different tools that ensures the users can search, print, scroll as well as jump between pages and download PDF files.
- WP advanced PDF – The second in the list of the best PDF plugins in WordPress is WP advanced PDF. With this WordPress plugin you can download the posts and pages in the PDF format. This will also enable the PDF download for all the users or for just the registered users. With this plugin you can also ensure that you use custom logos, fonts and even watermarks to the PDF files of yours.
- PDF and Print by BestWebSoft – With this we come to the next PDF plugin called PDF and Print by BestWebSoft. From the name of the plugin itself you can make out that this plugin will add a PDF download and a print button to your WordPress pages, posts and custom post types. With this plugin you can also do many other things like adding your website titles, adding featured images, custom the fonts and the styles. Another very interesting feature about the plugin is that it can help you to execute shortcodes as you generate PDFs. You can also create a printer friendly version with this WordPress PDF plugin.
- PDF Image generator – The fourth PDF plugin is PDF Image generator. With the help of those PDF plugin you can create a cover image for the PDF files that you are adding in your WordPress sites and posts for downloading. How the plugin creates this cover image is either by using the first page that it can find in the PDF file or the featured image. The download icon will also display the thumbnail image that is linked to the PDF file. If you want this plugin to work you will need the WordPress hosting provider to have the GhostScript and the ImageMagick to be installed in the server.
- PDF Thumbnails – Moving on with the list we come to the fifth PDF plugin called PDF Thumbnails. This plugin works similarly like the PDF Image generator plugin. This will also create a thumbnail for the first page of the PDF file during the upload process itself. You must keep in mind that the thumbnail image and the PDF file will remain as two separate files. If you want to connect the thumbnail with the PDF file you will have to manually insert the generated thumbnail and link it to the PDF file.
- DK PDF – The next PDF plugin that we will be talking about is the DK PDF. It is a very powerful plugin that allows the users to download any page and post in the PDF format. This can be done by just clicking a button. The best part is that DK PDF comes with an easy interface that you can use to set up the placements of the PDF download button. This will also allow you to create a custom header and footer of your own for PDF downloads that you have made. The DK PDF plugin also comes with many shortcodes that will allow you to control the content that is inside the PDF. There is an option for you to might as well hide the content that you do not want to be included in the PDF download.
- BSK PDF Manager – Another PDF plugin that we feel must be included in the list is the BSK PDF Manager. It is like a file manager for the PDF files that you see on WordPress site. It is possible that you are uploading a lot of PDF files as a result you may want to categorize these files and display them as a single download. With the help of this plugin you will be easily able to manage the PDF files that you see in WordPress.
- Search WP – The list of the best PDF plugins for WordPress will be incomplete if we do not discuss about the Search WP plugin. Unlike the above plugins this is a paid plugin. With the help of this plugin you will be able to add a better search experience to your own WordPress site. A very useful feature of this plugin is that it will allow you to search for text inside the PDF files itself. One point that we must mention here is that this plugin will not be able to search for PDF files that are stored outside the media library, is encrypted and that have images as text.
- OptinMonster – The last but not the least PDF plugin that we are about to discuss is the Optin Monster. We have explained this plugin or tool rather in many of our articles on WordPress. It is a very useful tool that can help you to increase the email list of yours easily and effectively. Many WordPress users will tell you that how by using the OptinMonster they have actually converted the users who were just visiting the sites into subscribers. How you can do this is just ask the users and visitors to sign up for your email list so that you can send the some free PDF resources that will be useful to them.
We hope that you will find this article on the 12 best PDF plugins for WordPress interesting and informative. It will help you to work better with WordPress. You will come across more PDF plugins that you can use in WordPress but we would recommend these and you can use these PDF plugins without any doubt in your mind.