How to Create WordPress Sitemap using Google XML Sitemaps Plugin
When you are blogging, one of the main aims is to get higher ranks in search engine indexing. Once you succeed in that, you will start getting all the traffic you need to do a good business or to promote your products. A very large number of factors collectively decide where you are going to be ranked in a search engine’s index. One of the very important factors is the sitemap of your blog. Sitemap help the search engine’s robotic intelligence to find the links of various things on your blog. The sitemap file makes it easier for them to crawl and index the blog posts.
If you create a sitemap of your site and submit it to the webmaster tool of the prominent search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, it will fasten the indexing and crawling of your website. But, the problem is, how to make the sitemap of your website. When working on WordPress, the biggest advantage is that you do not practically have to do many things, there are plugins for virtually everything out there. For this task, there are a number of plugins which you can use. Today we will talk about the Google XML sitemap plugin which is one of the most easily useable plugins for this purpose. It can help you make the sitemap of your WordPress blog with no tension and you do not have to know about what is going on at the backend.
Google XML sitemaps plugin: The Easiest way to make a sitemap
Sitemap feature is recently introduced in the WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin. If you are already using SEO by Yoast, you would rather use the sitemap feature of yoast plugin. If you are not using Yoast SEO, Google XML Sitemap Plugin is the best option. It is available for free and lets you optimize the sitemap for the best results.
How To Do It?
The biggest plus point of this plugin is that it is quite easy to use. All you have to do is to
- Install it like any other WordPress Plugin
- Open The Plugin and click on create a sitemap
- Exclude the locations you want to and set the preferences if you want
- Submit the sitemap to search engines
Benefits of using Google XML Sitemap Creator
- User Interface lets you control all he factors
- Available in a variety of languages
- Generate the Sitemap automatically you only have to tell it to do so
- Calculates the priority of each post depending on the number of comments, shares and involvement of viewers otherwise
- Notifies all the major search engines like Google, Live Search, and Yahoo about the changes in the site via ping.
- Creates the dynamic sitemap and updates it automatically whenever you add a new post to your blog
You can download the Plugin from Official WordPress website. Here is the download link.