10 most beautiful landing pages and the plugins that they were built with
We will now discuss about some of the most beautiful WordPress landing pages that you will ever see. We will also mention the plugins with which these amazing landing pages were actually designed. We all know how important the landing pages actually are. They can really make a huge difference to the website of yours. When you have a nice landing page you are basically ensuring that the visitors who are coming to your site actually are getting converted. This will also allow you to add variety to the website and ensure that more offers can be put on the site.
If you do not have a landing page then it is high time that you work towards building one. You must be thinking that for building a nice landing page you will need a plugin and the plugins do not come free of cost. Well lets clarify one point here you can create good landing pages even without the help of plugins. The process of creating these landing pages is relatively more simple and easy than you think. The best part is that you can create these landing pages absolutely free of cost. We hope that we have listed enough reasons on why this article is important for you and now we will straight way move to the actual topic. Using upfront you can actually build landing pages in no time and that to absolutely free.
Starting with a theme
You must have a simple theme which is called Scribe and even that is free.
Adding a welcome video
In the second step you a video that will welcome the users and tell them more about the product or service.
Ensuring that people actually sign up
All we want is that those who are visiting the site must actually sign up. You will need an upfront starter theme and you can easily customize the landing page into something that the visitors will actually like. Even later if you want you can customize the design all that you will have to do is drag and drop. Some people prefer to use the plugin and now we will be discussing in details about the plugins.
Some examples of best landing pages:
Option Alpha – This is a very good example of a landing page. It is very useful especially to the new users. They are basically guiding the user from one section to another so that the user does not feel like leaving.
They have utilised the plugins well and have structured all the sections of the website well. The opening paragraph is good and gives only the information that is actually needed. The call to action button is also simple and it offers a free account.
The page is only focused at giving information and nothing else. It will ensure that you scroll to the bottom of the page. They also have too many sections and as a user who is visiting for the first time may feel that it is too much of information
Expert Voice Book – They have used OptimizePress plugin to create an opt-in landing page. The main purpose of this page is to basically collect all the email addresses that will be going into some autoresponder. This page is basically for the experts who want to improve the skills.
The page is indeed very good to look at. The headline is clear and to the point. The video integration also adds a nice touch and makes the page look more professional. If you look at a perfect landing page this will be a good example.
There is a mention of an Amazon book at the end of the page and this can be really confusing. If the landing page has to optimize then only one action must be aimed at.
- Mike Filsaime – The main aim of this landing page is to ensure that new subscribers are generated even before they move to the other sections of the site. Another good thing is that the site does not give a lot of information. The lead page comes with a pop up that encourages taking action.
The landing page is simple and to the point.
For a new user the landing page might not be very useful and they may tend to ignore it and move to the site.
TCK Publishing – The landing page is a good combination of health, success and wellness books. The page is very simple and can easily push the traffic to the other locations where the book is being sold.
The landing page is simple and it effectively educates the users about the book. The call to action button at the end of the page is very direct.
A landing page should have one strong call to action. In this case there are at least five separate call to action and that is the only negative aspect of the site.
Cowabunga life – The landing page looks like a long form of some sales letter. The landing page has a lot of animations that can successfully attract the attention of the reader and ensure that they stay till the end of the page. It discusses the problems the user is basically facing and at the end will suggest how the product can solve the concerns of the user. It uses a personal story to attract the interest of the readers.
The landing page looks very professional and can helps to build the trust and the faith of the viewer.
We cannot suggest much on what the landing page can do better as it is almost perfect from design and the layout aspect.
IM Impact – It is a very simple splash page with the mail purpose of collecting the user’s email id in exchange for free report.
The page is simple and clear. The headline is strong too.
There is nothing wrong with this page it is to the point and inspires to take action.
- UC Baby – The main aim of this landing page is to gather email address in exchange for a context entry. This gives a good idea of how you can build a simple landing page.
The contest idea was actually successful and it gathered about 500 email addresses.
This landing page is not very pleasing from an aesthetic point of view. The heading is in all-caps as a result it looks very loud. The contest copy is sparse and do not give much details about what the contest prize is.
- Clamcleat – This landing page looks more like a blog post and not a landing page. The opt-in form is placed on the right sidebar. As you read the content you can access the form.
The headline of the landing page is really good and it does encourage the people to sign up. The page looks very friendly.
The content could be made more readable by putting it in paragraphs. The large walls of text are actually a turn off.
- Occasion House – This site has not launched yet. The aim of the landing page is just to ensure that enough email addresses are gathered before the launch. The font selected looks like hand crafted.
The aesthetic appeal is high. It has a countdown timer that creates a sense of urgency.
The look is good but the landing page looks crowded. The call to action could have been clearer.
- Backpacker travel – Another simple landing page. This proves why we say less is sometime really more.
They know the target audience well that is why they were able to create this very nice page. It is simple and really well made.
The landing page is really nice and not much can be changed. They can offer some more incentives in order to ensure that more people signup with them.
The Round up
We will now discuss the above mentioned plugins in a little more details so that you get a better idea about them.
- Optimize press – It is a flexible landing page plugin that basically uses some templates that already exist. Apart from building landing pages you can use this for membership sites and custom pages. To gain subscribers this can be a great idea.
- LeadPages – This is one of the quickest landing pages builders. Just after installing the plugin within minutes you can actually start to build landing pages. It is simple and offers free download in exchange of an email address. With this you will get landing pages that are ready to get customers and subscribers.
- Thrive Landing Pages – It is the best you can get if you want long form landing pages. This is a great tool for selling information product as well as any kind of digital product. It is very flexible too. You have thirty templates to choose from. The templates can be customized easily with just a drag and drop.
- Landing pages Builder – This is a good way to create simple landing pages. This is a good idea for contests and giveaways. You can choose from more than forty mobile- optimized templates. The templates are hundred per cent mobile friendly keeping in mind that many users prefer to use mobiles only. It very well integrates with MailChimp.
- SeedProd – It is a premier plugin and can be used to create “coming soon” and “maintenance mode” landing pages. The landing pages you will create with SeedProd will perfectly integrate with the social media accounts and email marketing provider. As social media is integrated with SeedProd it can be very well used to create a buzz before the actual launch.
Here is a list of other plugins that you can use apart from the ones that we have mentioned in the post. Even these plugins can give you good landing pages.
- WP Lead Plus – It is a good idea to build small squeeze pages. It can work with email autoresponders and can also create opt-in popups. The templates are very easy to customize and you can easily upload your own images and videos for the background of the squeeze page.
- Parallax Gravity – If you want to create some beautiful landing pages with animation then you can use this plugin. It is mostly used for long form sales letters and sales pages for digital products.
- Ultimate Landing Page – This is another plugin that we must mention in the list. It also has some pre designed templates. These can be used to build simple landing pages in a matter of minutes. The features are few but it can be loaded easily and fast. Customization is also possible with this plugin.
WordPress Landing Page – These landing pages will come with visual editor as well as integrated split- testing. This will ensure that you create some amazing landing pages that can give you good conversion rates. It also has third party ad-ons that extent the functionality of this plugin.
Now that we have discussed almost all the plugins that you can use for building a landing page the question arises is which of these is actually the best? Well anyone can be the best as it depends on your skills and your requirements. If you ask us to suggest we would go with the Thrive Landing Pages builder. This is definitely our opinion and others might have different opinion too and that is not wrong. Why we like it is no matter what is the style of the landing page you are looking for this plugin will help you to create it in the most intuitive manner. Do try the various plugins that we have mentioned and see for yourself whish one works the best for you.